- TEEN IMPACT program provides teens, 14 to 17 years old, with the balance of structured and unstructured learning environments that motivate, build hope and develop skills needed to bring excellence and direction to their education, work, home and personal lives. This is accomplished through a learning and recreation experience, and mentoring with special emphasis on leadership, life skills, and interpersonal relationships.
- TEEN CENTER - provides safe, healthy, afterschool activities for students grades 6-12.
- Family Services provides professional family counseling, alcohol and substance abuse programs, maternal support for young mothers,
- Senior Companion program, and Foster Grandparents. The Senior Companion program matches senior volunteers with a senior in need of help with fellowship and everyday tasks.
- The Foster Grandparents recruit and train senior volunteers to work with children in a variety of community settings. Many Foster Grandparents work within the schools providing help with reading and other support to children.
- Mentoring Children and Youth. The objective is to increase the rate of school success and high school graduation amongst Lake City's at-risk children.
- Back Packs for Kids: Food Packs. To increase the likelihood of children's success at school by ensuring they have enough to eat on weekends.
- COOPERATIVE MINISTRY provides short-term, emergency utility shut-off assistance. They also offer food, diapers, infant food, gasoline vouchers, heating, rent and temporary shelter assistance.
- Self Sufficiency Training Program provides personal finance training, life planning, job readiness classes, and addiction recovery groups.
- Program provides limited gasoline, car repairs ito maintain the client's employment
IMAGINATION LIBRARY The Wexford-Missaukee Imagination Library serves the area covered by the Wexford-Missaukee Intermediate School District. The program provides a book, free of charge, in the mail each month to all children in the ISD service area, ages birth to five years, whose parent chooses to sign up.
LOVE INC developing healthy communities through positive relationships through the Higher Ground Learning Center.
MANTON SCHOOLS, LATCHKEY PROGRAM provides educational and recreational activities before and after school. The program provides a safe environment for school-age children of working parents at an affordable rate.
NEW HOPE SHELTER provide shelter for men, women an children.
- Serves victims and families of domestic violence by providing shelter, food, clothing and counseling. In addition, their Family Resource Center provides parenting and family management classes and support groups to families looking to improve their parenting skills. The main goal of the center is to preserve the integrity of the family unit and prevent domestic violence, and child abuse and neglect. They also work to promote community awareness about domestic violence and resources available to meet family needs.
- Funding for shelter operations
SALVATION ARMY works across Wexford and Missaukee counties to provide basic human needs and help with food, shelter, and utilities.
STAIRCASE RUNAWAY & YOUTH SERVICES provides free, confidential information, counseling and emergency foster care to teens, their parents and families, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
SPARK IN THE DARK is a FaceBook based resource connecting those in need to those who help.
UNITED WAY COMMUNITY RESPONSE GRANTS address community emergencies and new programs. Information and application are available from United Way of Wexford-Missaukee Counties (231) 775-3753 or on-line at www.wexfordmissaukee.org/funding opportunities.